Who loves a cup of tea?
Being Irish, having a 'wee' cuppa is steeped into the culture.
I find it magical in many senses, so please allow me to share with you why.
1. It makes me feel good, happy. Yes, there is caffeine within some teas, but not all, which can contribute, but there is such a variety out there, and trying different ones also fills me with a sense of excitement. Also, I love teapots, and having tea in unusual ones or having a gorgeous little funky teapot cover on a teapot makes my soul smile.
2. The water used with tea helps our beautiful bodies hydrate, and is a fun way to do so. Some teas, like green tea, offer other benefits like cleansing our bodies, and others like Chamomile can help you relax.
3. When someone makes you a cup of tea, how do you feel? It is so nice having someone do this for you, so never take it for granted, and relish it when they offer. You too, can make one for someone you care about and this could make such a difference in someone's life, particularly if they are going through a hard time.
4. Having some tea can make you take time out, if you are really busy to center and refocus. This is amazing as it takes 5 to 10 minutes and can potentially have a profound effect on your overall well being and productivity.
5. Making the tea itself can be something that can allow you to be 'in the moment'. Literally bringing your conscious thoughts to that one thing, that lets everything else go for those few minutes. Even gazing into a teacup can be very therapeutic for the soul, and you practicing self care.
Tea has come up for me a lot recently, as my mum loved having 'a wee cup of tea'. Since she transitioned in December 2019, every time I have a cup of tea, I am usually present with her energy and have a 'conversation' with her, about loving memories we shared or I think about something that is perplexing me, and she comes up with a simple solution ( I am guilty of over complicating and overthinking). Sometimes, we simply 'sit' with each other and enjoy those moments and each others energy. She gifted me a picture, whilst living in South Africa, that I will share below, that I treasure.
Herbal teas, in their raw form, also get me really excited and I love seeing them in glass jars. It is like I am transported back to a life when I used to use herbs to help others, and truly believed in the magic of mother nature and what she can do to help with healing on so many levels. I love that 'witchy' side to me and the memories of past lives that tea can evoke.
To all you coffee lovers, I hear you! Maybe I will explore with you, another time, how much those beans help to ground me!
This muse is dedicated to my mum, and our 'cups' of tea together.
Love as always